Introduction to VTU:
Engineering is a much sought-after stream preferred for its lucrative career prospects. Pursuing your engineering course from a reputed institution and university can set you up for life. Looking for the best engineering colleges in Bangalore? Read on to know more!
Visvesvaraya Technological University, or VTU as it is popularly known, is a well-known engineering university in Karnataka that offers high-quality technical education. It came into existence in 1994 by the VTU act passed by the Karnataka state government in order to improve the quality of technical education imparted by the various engineering colleges in the state. With 24 years of excellence, 208 VTU-affiliated colleges and 3 lakh meritorious students, VTU may claim to have fulfilled its reason of inception. Not yet ready to rest on its laurels, VTU strives to work towards accomplishing the changing needs of society by adapting to and bringing about newer technological solutions.
Why is a VTU-affiliated college the best choice for engineering students?
1. Stringent quality deliverables, infrastructure availability and high education standards.
2. A range of courses in different engineering streams under the undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
3. A standard and advanced curriculum that is regularly upgraded every four years to keep pace with the growth in the field of technology around the world.
4. Autonomous colleges under its purview give the best of both worlds to the student community.
5. Placements and internships prepare and support the students for a successful career.
6. High research funding for PhD aspirants from state and central government.
7. The annual youth festival, sports competitions amongst VTU-affiliated colleges and a chance to participate in national-level competitions ensure all-round personality development of a student.
Advantages of pursuing Engineering in a VTU-affiliated college
1. Rank-based admission:
National and state level entrance tests including JEE Main, NATA and state CET scores for UG courses and GATE and Karnataka PGCET scores for PG courses are used to admit candidates to VTU-affiliated colleges.
2. Worldwide-approved certificate:
VTU is associated with top universities around the world, especially the Commonwealth universities in the UK. Therefore, the VTU certificate is recognised and respected worldwide widening the students’ educational and professional horizons.
3. External paper evaluation:
It adds to the credibility of the results and allows a continual improvement in the teaching, testing and evaluation methodology across the affiliated colleges. Marks from internal and external evaluation as well as theory and practical exams are accounted for to reflect the true calibre and performance of the student.
4. Specialization options:
It gives any engineering aspirant a fair amount of scope to specialise and fulfil career and life dreams. Aeronautics, aerospace, automobile, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, environmental engineering, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, cyber security including block chain technology, Internet of things, mechatronics, robotics and nanotechnology are some of the options one can choose from based on their interest and aptitude.
Why choose CMRIT for Engineering?
CMR Institute of Technology was established in 2000 with a vision to be a nationally acclaimed and globally recognized institute of engineering, technology, and management and produce competent professionals who serve the nation and society. Check out why CMRIT is one of the best engineering colleges in Bangalore amongst the VTU-affiliated colleges:
1. Having delivered quality education for the past 20 years, our performance speaks for us.
2. World-class infrastructure including ICT-enabled classrooms, state-of-the-art library, technology-equipped labs and auditorium, and AV halls offer wholesome experiential learning.
3. Experienced faculty guide and hone the skills of our students and prepare them as successful professionals for society.
4. Our campus offers quality boarding and sports facilities.
5. Our value-added programs include life skills, student councils, internships, extracurricular activities, skills development programs, and career guidance cells for all-round personality development.
6. Infosys Campus Connect, Centers of Excellence, and Maker space facilitate industry-ready recruits to sustain and enhance the talent pool.
7. With a huge list of recruiters including tier 1 companies, there is no dearth of placement and recruitment opportunities.
8. Accreditations, approvals, and recognition by top boards in the country lend credibility to our work and words.